Recipes

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Memorable Sandy

Dear Sandy!


NICE TO SEE YOU GO!

The storm of the year has come and gone and good riddance to it.  Right now it's remains are heading out toward the Atlantic Provinces and then onward back to the North Atlantic.  The storm didn't have the same impact on S. Ontario that it left on the American states but it was a storm like I can't ever remember experiencing or seeing in my many years.  I felt anxious while anticipating its arrival, but my anxiety was pretty much for nothing.  I think the media attention to it's size and impact caused me to feel this anxiety.  

We were hit with really high winds for the most part which continued from the early evening right through the night time.  The trees were just a rockin' when I got out of my bed to see what was going on out there.  There are a lot fewer leaves on most of the trees and the leaves that were on the ground have scattered everywhere.  Who knows how far they travelled.  Our power went out about 10:30 pm and not knowing what to do with myself I went to bed, only to have the power return about 20 minutes later, so got up to watch more of the coverage of the storm in the U.S.  So much damage to New York and New Jersey and so much very costly cleanup  to be done before the area looks even remotely normal.  Praying for all who lost family and friends as a result of the storm.  Toronto experienced one death as a result of the wind loosening a sign and part of it falling on a woman walking, causing head injuries. 



Picture of tree down in friend's driveway







 The big storm has moved on but the residual showers linger.  Today was another gray day and I enjoyed my stay indoors for most of the day, working on a cross stitch project.... my favourite hobby. 

I am almost finished this project and I'll post pics when it is completed.  :)

Stoptober is almost finished, just one more day to go.  I've really kept on top of it and I'm pleased with the results. 

How did everyone fare during the storm?

2 comments:

  1. Connie I got them from a store called Creative Bag, no idea if there are any in your area.

    http://www.creativebag.com/

    Gill

    ReplyDelete