Recipes

Saturday, March 2, 2013

While I Was Away...

I missed Blogland while I was away from you, but I also found the time away to be very refreshing.  While I missed having easy access to a computer, being away from it gave me a chance to focus, really focus on other interests.  The computer can be a real time sucker if you are lacking in self-discipline, and my discipline seems to have melted with the snow and run down the sewer.  Spending time on the net has become a form of entertainment to me because I've had more free time to fill this winter.  And it's made me realize that I need to spend less time staring at the screen and move on to more productive activities.  And I thought I was already doing that.  Ha!  Wrong.

Today was a full day of work at the pharmacy and I did not whistle while I worked today.  That's a reference to Carla's post if you're wondering where that came from.  One of the first transactions of the day was the sale of a $100 prepaid credit card which the individual indicated he would be using for online gambling.  He came back an hour later requesting a refund because the card was not accepted by the site he was visiting.  The receipt clearly reads "no refunds on gift cards or credit cards once activated".  Management policy is absolutely no exceptions.  This individual became livid, creating a very tension-filled situation which wasn't going to be resolved easily.  He refused to accept the policy and refused to leave the store, he refused to return on Mon to speak with the owner of the store to resolve this if possible.  He was just plain downright ornery.  After discussion with another store associate, we contacted the store owner at home who gave instruction to refund a portion of the $100.  What????  Now we are going to go back on this policy that you so strongly implemented and backed over these many months.  Confusion reigns!  And my point on the whole thing.... why are we giving a refund on a card that we have no knowledge whether it actually had been used or not.  For all we know right now, this person might have just made $100 from us.  Whistlling while I worked, not today!

The day is over and I'm relaxing with one ear to the TV watching/listening to the Montreal vs Pittsburgh hockey game.  Go Habs Go!  Keep on winning.  We want the Stanley Cup back in Canada.  It's been awhile.  Afterward I'm going to work on my March goals.  I didn't put goals in place for February and I felt a little bit lost.

Night all and thanks for stopping by.

 How's your week-end so far? 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Connie. Sorry you had such a nasty person disrupt your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back :) I'm still learning how to balance computer and time for all the other things that need to be done every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would serve your boss right if the customer was a conman. At least he can't blame you if it all goes pear shaped.

    I took the day off yesterday, went to visit my family. Today? Dog walking and pottering around the house :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, I know what you mean about computers being such a time waster. My lap top is my lunch and dinner companion, this way I feel I am not eating alone.
    With regards to the customer wanting a refund----"the squeeky wheel gets the oil", so they say, and right or wrong he got the oil, dispite the policy.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeed, the squeeky wheel does get the oil... just as I did in my post yesterday. :)

      The owner was questioned about why he authorized a refund and he replied because the individual was adamant he would not leave the store without one. To diffuse the situation he felt the best action was a refund.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the welcoming words! It's nice to be back and I have a ton of reading to catch up on all the mischief you have been up to.

    Re the irate customer.... I will be back at the store later this week to hear if there is any fallout from this incident.

    ReplyDelete