Recipes

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Time..... Enemy or Friend?


I'm semi-retired right now so I think I shouldn't be busy!  Ha!  Not the case right now.  I'm feeling somewhat like I did when I was employed full-time.... lacking in extra time. 

I talked a few weeks ago or is it months?  ...... about my DD's FIL's fracture and subsequent entry into a retirement residence.  The process of disposing of his house possessions other than clothes and a few precious personal items has begun in preparation for selling his previous home, and I have been assisting with this process in whatever way I can.  It's taken time away from things that I normally do, and I've only stopped by a few blogs to see how everyone is immersed in their lives. 

And at the end of the day, I'm exhausted..... sitting and waiting for people to view furniture can be exhausting, ya know.  More mental than physical fatigue!  Anyway the end will come, just taking one step at a time.

Ugh!  Snowed a bit overnight.  Spring??  Where are you??  Come out now, no more hiding!!


4 comments:

  1. Spring is definitely on the way - the birds that winter here on Vancouver Island look like they are ready to pack up and head out home. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind it is of you to help out and, as you say, it will end soon, so you'll be able to get back to doing what you want to do.

    Like you, I can't wait for the weather to warm up just a trifle, so I can get outside in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand how you feel about time. It is great that you are able to help your DD's FIL dispose of his household items and you know the end is in sight.
    We had snow this a.m. also,and the sun came out during the p.m. and with it's heat melted a lot of it. I have seen signs of Spring, so it can't be too far away.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am talking about the same thing tomorrow, not enough time in the day to accomplish everything.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete