1. A week ago I brought home a bag of cat food and put on counter intending to put away later.
2. Forgot to put it away
3. Cat recognizes crinkling sound of bag of cat food
4. Cat wants food in middle of night
5. Cat jumps on counter and slowly but very diligently moves bag over beside toaster oven
6. Toaster oven moves to edge of counter and ..... yep, you guessed it..... I wake up in middle of night and hear .....
7. Toaster oven has hit the floor
8. Cat food bag has hit the floor
9. Toaster oven smashed and is now garbage; cat food bag intact
10. This Sunday I want toast for breakfast
11. No toaster, oops!
12. Monday, I go to Canadian Tire to check if any on sale
13. Winter clearance sale at The Tire so spot a sign that says $25.99 for a Black & Decker toaster oven
14. Can't find one stored on the shelf, just the one on display
15. Call someone to find one for me
16. None in stock
17. Department manager is called to double check
18. Checks, nope, none available at $25.99
19. But I want this one that has $25.99 tag
20. Manager hems and haws, talks to another associate about percentage off, and how much The Tire is losing .....
21. Comes back and says that this one on display is not the one for $25.99
22. I say but it says that this one on display is $25.99, not once but on two different stickers posted above it.
23. He agrees and gives me a $79.99 toaster/convection oven for $25.99 without further argument
24. Toaster oven works beautifully.
25. Cat lives to see many more days. LOL!